The Links, Incorporated, established the National HBCU Initiative at its 37th National Assembly to support and promote historically black colleges and universities. The goals of this initiative were initially aligned with those of the Obama Administration that called for measures to ensure a larger number of college graduates by the year 2020.
The Southern Area promotes HBCU’s through a variety of ways from individual chapter support, scholarships and endowments to social media campaigns and our signature CLASS ACT which supports students with books.
For more information on our HBCU initiative, please email HBCU@salinksinc.org.
Goals: Promote and support Historically Black Colleges and Universities for ensured sustainability by:
- Supporting Chapter Fundraising
- Identifying best practices for achieving student success
- Developing partnerships that can increase the number of HBCU graduate employment opportunities
- Supporting recruitment of students through college fairs, campus tours, scholarships, etc.
- Engaging each Link Chapter in all initiatives